As I type I am sitting in an airport. I'm on my way to Los Angeles to view the "Superbloom" in death valley. While I'm on the road I have a few favorite things that keep me sane and on track for my diet. I thought I'd share some of these tricks.
First up is my phone (duh!) But having a charged phone is sometimes tricky on flights. I love my external battery charger!
I even use it when I'm at home. My couch is a bit far from most outlets and it's great for running around town too. I just hook it up to my phone and throw it in my purse.
Next would be my Hydroflask water bottle. I've had this baby for two years now and it's still going strong! I take it on all my trips. It's great because it can keep your drink cold for 24 hours or hit for 12. I bring it empty to the airport and then fill it up once I get past TSA. If you can get ice it's even better! Unfortunately most airport water fountains leave a lot to be desired so if you go buy a bottle of water poring it in the Hydroflask at least keeps it colder for longer. I bought the flip straw attachment instead of the standard twist off lid. I had problems with leaking in my purse if it wasn't screwed on properly so the straw lid solves that problem. Just don't put anything acidic in it or your lemonade will taste like metal. Gross!
I bring my own snacks on my trips too. Most airlines don't offer anything but a drink unless you buy it. Even when they do its pretzels, peanuts, or cookies all of which are not paleo. If I have time I like bringing homemade Epic Bars which I will post a recipe for soon. I truly love these meaty treats and I prefer mine over the store bought version because it's more like jerky and less soft. They're super versatile too you can add any meat, fruit and nut you'd like. Today i brought bison cranberry cashew which is my best one yet! If you don't have time to make some the store bought Epic brand has a lot of flavors to choose from and even some trail mix I'd love to try.
I also bring a Lara bar in case I need something sweet. If I don't eat it on the plane it's great to keep in your purse if you get hungry.
If you know you're going to need a meal your options certainly vary depending on which airport/airline you're in. One good choice is bringing a pouch of tuna or salmon in a quart size zip lock with a plastic fork. Do NOT eat the fish on the plane or your neighbors will hate you! Eat it in the airport, and when you're done seal the pouch back in the zip lock bag and throw away. It's got a lot of protein and is a great option whenever you need it!
Last would be a good set of ear buds or headphones. These are the first things I pack just to make sure I have a pair! They are invaluable on a long flight, and if you can get some noise cancelling headphones you're golden. The only problem with the headphones is the size and extra weight added to your luggage. When you're already carrying a ton of bags it's nice to just tuck your ear buds in your pocket.
Travel Healthy!



No comments:
Post a Comment