Saturday, February 6, 2016

Welcome!!!

Me in Hawaii catching up on some yoga!
Welcome Y'all! This blog is my place to share my favorite things raw paleo and travel! In the last year I have traveled enough miles to go around the world once (a huge accomplishment in my book!) and have started re-vamping my life to be healthier. It all started with a friend prompting me to go to a yoga class with her. What started as a favor became an everyday affair. After the first class kicked my ass literally I was determined to get back to my once flexible fit self. I knew I had been thrown in the deep end after the first three classes had me doing a head stand, hand stand and many shaky poses. Being the competitive person that I am I started doing classes on YouTube everyday. Yoga with Adriene was an absolute life saver! I just finished her thirty day Yoga Camp series which helped me focus on emotional and physical well being. That wasn't enough though.

About half way through the Yoga Camp I decided I was going to start Whole30. In an attempt to get my body in order and make sure my diet wasn't holding me back. I also thought this was the perfect gift I could give myself as I would be finishing six days before my birthday. As I write this I am twenty-one days in and still going strong. The only thing I crave still is chocolate and to be completely honest I don't think that will ever go away! The one thing that has really surprised me is I haven't been counting the days until I could break my diet. Far from it actually. I have considered extending my Whole30 and incorporating it into a total lifestyle. I want this blog to show other people that this is more than just a restart diet it is about eating and living the best quality life you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment